At Homeslice, our mission is to help you better manage your home and your life in it. That means showing you posts and discussions that are relevant, interesting, and personal to you, and making sure you don't see anything that's inappropriate or spammy.
These guidelines are our acceptable use policy and clarify what we do and don't allow on Homeslice. If you come across a post, comment, or account that seems to break these rules, you can report it to us. Where available, we look to external research and guidance from subject matter experts as we work to provide a safe environment for you to explore.
Our team works hard to keep divisive, disturbing, or unsafe content off Homeslice. Some types of content we delete, other stuff we just hide from public areas.
- We remove porn. We may hide nudity or erotica.
- We remove images that show gratuitous violence or glorify violence.
- We remove hate speech and discrimination, or groups and people that advocate either. That includes any recognized hate symbols.
- We remove attacks on private people or the sharing of personally identifiable information.
- We remove accounts that impersonate any (real) person or organization.
- We remove content that physically or sexually exploits people. We work with law enforcement to address the sexualization of minors.
- We remove content that displays, rationalizes, or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders, or substance abuse.
- We remove content used to threaten or organize violence or support violent organizations.
- We remove harmful advice, content that targets individuals or protected groups, and content created as part of disinformation campaigns.
In addition to harmful content, our content editors who manage specific channels may edit or remove content that is redundant, miscategorized, low quality, or off-topic. Here are a few tips to avoid issues with editors.
- When posting a discussion thread, search to make sure your question hasn't already been asked. Any content found to be duplicate may be removed.
- Make sure you create discussions in the appropriate channels.
- Stay on-topic with questions and answers.
- Use facts, supported by outside resources, when possible. Unfortunately, we live in a post-fact world where anyone can say anything. Don't make it worse.
- Read over your submission for mistakes and inaccuracies before submitting.
- Act like your mamma is watching you. Don't be a d%#k.
- No spamming, trolling, personal attacks, or other douchebaggery.
Posts and Feeds
- Submit only high-quality content. Don't waste anyone's time with click-bait articles or other content of low value. It may be removed or buried.
- Only submit a post once. Duplicates will be removed, and repeat offenses will detract from your reputation and limit your ability to post.
- For more information read more about reporting something on Homeslice.
Intellectual Property and Other Rights
To respect the rights of people on and off Homeslice, please:
- Don't infringe anyone's intellectual property, privacy, or other rights.
- Don't do anything or post any content that violates laws or regulations.
- Don't use Homeslice's name, logo, or trademark in a way that confuses people.
Site Security and Access
To protect the Homeslice platform, we ask that you please:
- Don't access, use, or tamper with our systems or our technical providers' systems.
- Don't break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks.
- Don't use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download, or change any part of Homeslice.
- Don't try to reverse engineer our software.
- Don't try to interfere with people on Homeslice or our hosts or networks, like sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Don't collect or store personally identifiable information from Homeslice or people on Homeslice without permission.
- Don't share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- You can't use Homeslice if it would be prohibited by US sanctions. Accounts are currently not available in North Korea, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, or Syria.
Spam and Quality
We want Homeslice to be high-quality and useful, so we prioritize things that are actionable and provide consistent, enriching experiences. This includes:
- Original content that adds unique value.
- Editorial content over commercial promotion.
We will remove spam and other disruptive content including:
- Unsolicited commercial messages.
- Repetitive or unwanted posts.
- Misleading content or behavior.
- Attempts to artificially boost views and other metrics.
For more information read our Platform Manipulation and Spam Policy.